Forest 1- 3 Villa; Erm, can I say that was easy?

Ha, I was somewhat over-confident that we’d win this at first glance, if you read the previous post.
But it seems my confidence was justified, as we actually played very well and nullified everything Forest had to offer.
Our defence was outstanding, but more importantly, to me, our midfield quickly took control of the game through some massive work-rate.
Quite simply, Forest were over powered in the middle and we just killed them, even though they got a somewhat flukey goal.

Wow, that surely sends a message to the rest of the league and I know this is a really short post.

But all I want to do now is take the mutt for a walk around Witton lakes, where I’ll just be thinking about how if we can keep this form up, we’ll easily get a play-off place.

Ah, man, maybe I shouldn’t really be saying that.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
    Bill Pearson March 14, 2019 at 3:03 pm . Reply

I bet its Southgates fault, he’s asked for a rise and they need the money. I’d love to know what’s the function of the FA is in football.it could be to help Man it’d, and city to fly the flag.shower of shite

Pat 57 March 14, 2019 at 5:33 pm . Reply

From the BBC –

“Birmingham City have been charged by the Football Association with failing to control their spectators after a fan attacked Jack Grealish during the Second City derby against Aston Villa.

Blues have until 22 March to respond.”

Interesting to see what happens.

Hitchens60 March 14, 2019 at 6:09 pm . Reply

FA are clueless. OLL has summed them up brilliantly

Badger123 March 15, 2019 at 4:49 pm . Reply

Yes, even if you take out the 5-5 against Forest, it still hasn’t been good enough.
    Ideally Mings will stay fit, as I agree, he’s been great for us.
    But don’t forget we have Tuanzebe, Chester and Elphick all due to be back at some time, so as long as he doesn’t suffer an injury soon, we should be ok.

Hitchens60 March 15, 2019 at 5:59 pm . Reply

When all our defenders are fit it now looks a strong unit as against what SB opened up the season with. As Smith said, at one stage our defence consisted of four right backs and a revolving door of GK’s. OK he didn’t say that about the GK’s – but it’s true nonetheless 🙂

I know there were problems through the summer (both personal and at the Club) that Bruce had to cope with (and, lest us not forget, he did sign McGinn and get Abraham in on loan) but what Smith has demonstrated is that sending Steer, Elphick and Green out on loan were three poor decisions that may ultimately have cost him his job.

Badger123 March 15, 2019 at 4:54 pm . Reply

Sorry, Hitch, I missed your reply.
    Well, one or two of those teams currently in the top six could begin to falter.
    I’m sure I predicted us to lose the last two and draw with someone else.
    Norwich and Leeds may have their holiday heads on by the time we play them too.
    Agree though, we definitely need to try and win every game. Draws, which as Bill pointed out have cost us big time, won’t be good enough.

Hitchens60 March 15, 2019 at 6:02 pm . Reply

No probs Badger. I suppose there is a balance in that lose one or two and draws become unaffordable whereas avoiding any losses means one or two draws can be afforded.

It’s a strange league though this year and just about any team can beat any other.