Forest 1- 3 Villa; Erm, can I say that was easy?

Ha, I was somewhat over-confident that we’d win this at first glance, if you read the previous post.
But it seems my confidence was justified, as we actually played very well and nullified everything Forest had to offer.
Our defence was outstanding, but more importantly, to me, our midfield quickly took control of the game through some massive work-rate.
Quite simply, Forest were over powered in the middle and we just killed them, even though they got a somewhat flukey goal.

Wow, that surely sends a message to the rest of the league and I know this is a really short post.

But all I want to do now is take the mutt for a walk around Witton lakes, where I’ll just be thinking about how if we can keep this form up, we’ll easily get a play-off place.

Ah, man, maybe I shouldn’t really be saying that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
    Sidcowanslovechild March 13, 2019 at 10:25 pm .

Well done Villa.

Glad to have you back, you miserable sod!

bill evans March 13, 2019 at 10:28 pm .

Very, very solid win and lots to be optimistic about.

McGinn – what can you say? The man has got to be the best buy from Scotland since Villa snapped up Andy Gray for a 110k. What a player!

We looked so in control of this game. Even when we were one nil down to a jammy lob ball I knew we were going to win.

It’s odd but now we’re actually in for a shout at the play-offs, I think we could go all the way and even have a team worth its salt in the premier league. Early days but the signs look very good.

UTV

VillaAwayInDiv3 March 13, 2019 at 11:00 pm .

Had a score in mind most of the day as the 2 numbers kept coming up at work and it was also the date….didn’t mention it to anyone in case I ruined it…..so when they scored I though O.K. plenty of time.
    At 1-3 though I was willing hem to get the 4th as Forest were pushing a lot at one stage…and that 7 mins went on forever.
    Just like when we had the earlier run against these teams I cant believe things are going so well….
    With some more injured players coming back to hopefully improve things even more I just hope we can at least keep this “playing football” form up and not retreat to the messing around across the pitch lark.

Pat 57 March 13, 2019 at 11:01 pm .

Although Forest huffed and puffed at times I was pleasantly surprised at how well our defence coped tonight.

Before, every time the other team attacked, we always looked like we were likely to fall apart but tonight I felt our defence was quite robust. Mings especially was immense and we must hang onto him at all costs.

We know we have the attack and, with McGinn the mid-field, to get promotion but, if the defence can play like they did tonight, we might just stand a chance.

I can’t help it, I’ve started believing again!

Tekkers48 March 14, 2019 at 12:51 am .

Well done lads. Keep it up. On a side note the Millwall fans where chanting “There’s only One Jack Grealish” tonight.

bill evans March 14, 2019 at 1:02 am .

Mings & Hause: We either got awfully lucky or the actions of our hiring staff need to be emphatically applauded.

These two seem to get better every game and they’re looking like excellent candidates for permanent signing. Furthermore, they seem to click and, touch wood, seldom make big mistakes.

Hause has a deceptively strong and accurate pass in him; it looks almost effortless. Mings pushes forwards and delivers some tidy long balls. He’s intelligent and doesn’t seem to take chances in an around the area. They look a solid pair, so what happens when Chester and Tuanzenbe are finally fit again?

Things are indeed suddenly looking up again. 🙂

Hitchens60 March 14, 2019 at 7:10 am .

Indeed Bill.

It means we don’t have to rush Chester back but also we have the option of moving Hause to LB and either Tuanzebe / Chester playing right sided CB (Both Mings and Hause are left footed) Tuanzebe can also play RB. It gives us some real defensive depth for the run in and for the first time this season.

Maybe we can still do it but this is the Villa 🙂

Bill Pearson March 14, 2019 at 7:14 am .

I won us that game, I never predicted the score, told you I was bad luck. What a match, only one draw back Abraham, I could see things wasn’t going his way in the match, Still we all have them days and I’d never hold it against him, Mings outstanding again and as Bill Evans saying what are we going to do when our injuries come back. We defiantly have to sign Mings its a must., Grealish had them nibbling at his legs again , where is Southgate not giving him a booster for selection? Ho I forgot we are from the Midlands they don’t pick us. Well done the lads we have a chance again, shit if we had only won one of them 16 draws we would be happy as Larry .

Bum Bum March 14, 2019 at 9:13 am .

Not predicting or wishing for Deano to fail, but was just reading up on Melberg. Seems he won 2 successive promotions in Sweden and then chose not to renew his contract for the third year for some reason. One for the future????

I fucking love that guy! Would tickle me pink if he returned. What happy days those were… (little did we know what crap we’d face afterwards).

Great win, especially after Sunday, and whisper it quietly, those play offs are again in sight!!! Might have to go to the Boro game and let off some steam after a shit 2 weeks at work…don’t worry lads, I won’t be running onto the pitch and punching the opposition! I could handled the ban and fine, but not the bad press or 14 weeks in chokey!!!!

Hitchens 60 March 14, 2019 at 11:16 am .

Now is it just me but what are the FA, doing? Rather than dealing with the spectator running on the pitch and recognising the restraint showed by all players have decided to charge both teams with failing to control their players- unbelievable

Bum Bum March 14, 2019 at 2:31 pm .

What? Are they fkg mental???? They need a medal, even the Scum players deserve half a packet of stale crisps each. Madness!

Pat 57 March 14, 2019 at 2:35 pm .

According to the BBC the FA charges relate to – “A melee involving players from both teams occurred in the fifth minute after Blues midfielder Maikel Kieftenbeld fouled Jack Grealish.”

I guess that they’re dealing with the easier charges first and that we’ll be hearing about the charges for the assault on Jack in due course.

Hitchens60 March 14, 2019 at 3:29 pm .

Frankly though Pat – that wasn’t even handbags at 50 paces. In all the circumstances, I think a quiet warning to both clubs would have sufficed. Imho it just demonstrates what a load of jobsworths run the FA – reminds me of Will Carlings description of the RFU 🙂

OriginalLondonLion March 14, 2019 at 5:45 pm .

What happens Hitchens is they have a rulebook written by wise men, a fat tome by now, which is for “The guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools”. A fool then decides the wise men can be dispensed with. Therefore you are left with a collection of fools rigidly applying a rulebook which they did not write and dare not amend.

PS: this applies to any more organisations than the FA.

Hitchens60 March 14, 2019 at 6:06 pm .

Nicely put OLL