Everton 4 Villa 0

Ok let’s put things into perspective this was a free game for us today and no one really thought we would win or draw it. However we did expect the team to at least give them a game.

Admittedly I did not see the game, I don’t need too to know how bad we were! I’m assuming it’s the same old, same old so no point dwelling on who played well or tactics. However,  team put out today was not solid enough imo and should of started with Sanchez.

I have said that I think Garde is the right man for us but is he the right man at the wrong time? By that I mean we should of got him the summer and we wouldn’t be in this mess. I still have faith in him though and still think we will get enough points from the teams around us to stay up. We cannot be more than 5-6 points adrift going into the new year and if that is the case we simply have to make a couple of decent signings Austin should be number 1 priority.

I do not think the squad is that bad but I’m going for us to just beat Watford next week which should give us a confidence boost to move forward.

UTV

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
  1. Morgan Villa November 22, 2015 at 12:21 pm . Reply

Looking at unattached players atm Paul Robinson was a great goalkeeper and surely even if he is now 40 stone would be better than Guzan.

1. Bum Bum November 22, 2015 at 5:16 pm . Reply

Lol! He could just stand in front of the goal without moving and nothing would get past him!!!

2. Andrew November 23, 2015 at 12:38 am . Reply

Never a great goal keeper, doesn’t matter anyways, can’t get anyone in now. Can buy someone so much better in January if we get a keeper.

2. Benno November 22, 2015 at 5:51 pm . Reply

Straight from the BBC website:

West Ham serving up a pretty good Aston Villa impression now as they implode at the back.

3. badger123 November 22, 2015 at 5:55 pm . Reply

Hitch, I’ve sent a mail to the address you signed up here with (BT) 🙂

1. Hitchens 60 November 22, 2015 at 11:01 pm . Reply

No probs Badger – we’ve spoken

4. VillaFan November 23, 2015 at 11:06 am . Reply

I saw the Everton game, and the problem was we invited Everton to have the ball and attack us. To me, Remi got it so wrong after getting it so right against City.

His tactics were to sit deep and get men behind the ball. They also seemed to let Everton have the ball and only attempt to get really tight and tackle once Everton got in our final third.

Remi needs to quickly get out of this thinking because thats more of a continental style for me.

Nothing less than 3 points will do on Saturday, I’m gutted I can’t get to the game, but I do hope there is a decent turn out and we get behind them from the start.

And I do hope Westwood is nowhere near the team. He had a shot against Everton feom 25 yards. Just as he was about to let fly, my stream glitched and paused.

I said to my wife ‘lets play spot the ball’ type of thing, she said ‘I think it will end up a goal’. I said i bet it ends up skewered towards the corner flag. Sure enough, the stream stuttered into life just in time to see the replay of Westwoods shot going harmlessly wide. He is possibly the worst footballer I have ever seen at Villa in a long time offers absolutly F all.

Against Watford, they need to play like they did VS City with passion and belief or the liklihood is, Watford will actually beat us.

God help us.

1. BWS November 23, 2015 at 12:07 pm . Reply

Haven’t seen the game (nor do I want to!) so I can’t comment on the performance or the tactics employed but with regards to Westwood I don’t need to see him to know your summing up is bang on, it’s just par for the course.

1. Bill Pearson November 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm . Reply

BWS, I had to watch, it was to see why Villa contained City but lost to Everton by 4 goals, it was if we had gone backward and didn’t have a clue, Richardson was dire and should stop trying to play football, Grealish forget him no energy lightweight in his play the list could go on , Westwood did try but goes nowhere, Cuzan great saves but in doing them sets up a striker to score, BWS it hurts to see us so bad, BBC said today West Ham game looked like Aston villa mark two.our defence cannot defend, to think how we criticized the likes of Collins and other central defender’s, this lot we have are bad.

1. BWS November 23, 2015 at 12:39 pm . Reply

Went down against Man C Bill and on seeing that performance thought we’d turned the corner but it seems not.
          All I can say Bill is if you sell all your quality and replace them with Championship standard players then that’s where you’re gonna end up.
          Nice one Randy 😉

5. Adam November 23, 2015 at 12:58 pm . Reply

Having watched the city game I don’t understand why everyone thought we had turned the corner? Yes we tried a bit harder (new manager syndrome) but the lack of quality was there for all to see and we were so so so lucky not to concede about 3 times. We can’t say because we were lucky as hell, that’s a corner turner. It needs to be a solid all round game one where we take it to the opposition and start a game actually setup to say we can win this. 11 men behind the ball says straight away, we know were not good enough so hopefully you don’t score and we nick a draw or a jammy goal. I’d love to see 4-4-2 against Watford. Geseted and traore up front. Bacuna right, gil left, Gana and Sanchez in the middle. Defence as is (unfortunately!!) But maybe Okore could start instead of Clark.

6. Bill Pearson November 23, 2015 at 1:25 pm . Reply

Adam, to the likes of me their was effort where it wasn’t aroung before, suppose your right in a sense about new manager syndrome but we all lay in hope, Yes you can say a bit of luck but didn’t they also, anyway seeing that game Saturday we haven’t a cat in Hell chance with that lot even I can see it now, to late now.o

7. VillaAwayInDiv3 November 23, 2015 at 5:39 pm . Reply

Villafan……….can you do an analysis on Mr “hitman Kane”…..he had a chance yesterday and was in control of ball and still almost hit the corner flag……and Westwoods did not go that far off. Remember ALL the players are lacking confidence