Delph crocked

Just as it seems things might have been picking up, with some positive contract talks, so it transpires that Delph is probably out for the everton game and could be out for a month, even possibly requiring surgery after an innocuous fall in training.

I give up, we must be jinxed.
And as much as I don’t rate Delph in the England bracket just yet, if he does miss games, you just watch how much we miss him when he doesn’t play.

It could be a big loss this one and if he had to be injured, I’d have wished it was a month back, as opposed to now.

Gutted, is probably the best description for what I’m feeling at the moment, as although Everton is a tough game, it’s one where I think we might get something.
Something that might lead us to push on in the next games against weaker teams that are to follow.

As much as some of us don’t rate Delph, I believe he makes us tick in the middle.
Now who’s going to replace him?

Cole is the only one I can think of, but he’s a different type of player, who would seem to have shown nothing to the management up to now.
Likewise Gardner, who would be my next shout.

How about giving Bacuna a run out in the position he actually prefers?
I don’t know, in all honesty.

Very little threat up front combined with a weakened midfield doesn’t bode well.

We need someone to step up, big time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
  1. BWS
    BWS October 17, 2014 at 9:38 am .

Jesus the season started so well and now seems to be uncoiling like a broken spring – Vlaar, Senderos and now Delph, lose Saturday and it’s all starting to look a little ominous (again).
    As for his replacement I should imagine it’d be Sanchez and they’ll call back Gardner from Brighton as cover, well I hope so cause I really don’t rate Bacuna.
    One silver lining in Vlaar being back thankfully, without him and with a back pairing of Clarke and Baker I think we’d have been on the end of a right drubbing.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath
      OohAhPaulMcGrath October 17, 2014 at 4:36 pm .

It’s panning out like last season and the season before. We get a couple of decent results that paper over the cracks then bk to reality. How anyone can say we’ve improved this season is beyond me. Baker and Hutton only 2 bright spots IMO

2. GIDDYVILLAN
    GIDDYVILLAN October 17, 2014 at 9:45 am .

Ffs.what the fucks going on????it’s going from bad to worse,ok vlaar’s back but for how long??can’t speak for everyone but I’m starting to worry.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath
      OohAhPaulMcGrath October 17, 2014 at 4:38 pm .

Something g must seriously be wrong with training to get so many crocks. Either that or lamberk bought players with bad injury records. Though I accept Delph was signed by MON

1. GIDDYVILLAN
        GIDDYVILLAN October 17, 2014 at 5:02 pm .

I’ve been thinking this for ages what goes on behind the scenes at BH mind you I’m a VILLA fan so I’m obviously fucking clueless.

3. Balabans booots
    Balabans booots October 17, 2014 at 10:23 am .

Ricahrdson can drop back

Zoggy pushed forward

Not perfect – but at least they’ve both had game time recently

1. Savo Missalotovic
      Savo Missalotovic October 17, 2014 at 3:05 pm .

Its a sad reflection of where the Villa are when people are upset when a useless lump of shite such as Delph is out injured.
      The fact the bloke has 2 international caps is the biggest joke since Paul Lambert was given a 4-year-contract.
      Clueless club and clueless fans.

1. nath
        nath October 17, 2014 at 4:19 pm .

aston villa fans are most knowledgeable fans but you wouldn’t know this being a blue nose

1. GIDDYVILLAN
          GIDDYVILLAN October 17, 2014 at 5:03 pm .

NATH get in there mate. 😀

2. Bill Pearson
          Bill Pearson October 17, 2014 at 7:15 pm .

So Nath, Lamberk is a blue nose, its a known fact that Villa get more at their training ground than the Blue noses get at a game. our toilet has more room than their trophy room. I miss them days we could play them to take the piss, they keep going down, oh happy days.

1. nath
            nath October 17, 2014 at 8:00 pm .

very true and very very funny 🙂 bill

ban the blues

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath
        OohAhPaulMcGrath October 17, 2014 at 4:39 pm .

He only got the caps against the shite teams as the top 4 clubs don’t want their players risked for a glorified friendly. When eng play decent opponents in finals he will be nothing more than a squad player at best

3. Bum Bum
        Bum Bum October 18, 2014 at 12:13 am .

Penis.

4. nath
    nath October 17, 2014 at 4:06 pm .

no let ups on the injury front ~ to be honest its sad but we all know its part of the game, delphs injury sad as it is, but its a opening to other midfielders can sachez fill that role, he was offpace in the arsenal game, but hes a class players and they are class cos they adapt so he must be given the shirt

5. GIDDYVILLAN
    GIDDYVILLAN October 17, 2014 at 7:57 pm .

I see he’ll be out for up to 2 months now it’s been reported & will require surgery next week,bit of a pisser me thinks.

6. jvillan
    jvillan October 17, 2014 at 8:32 pm .

god when we are worrying about delph out for 2 months we are far down he cant tackle score head but he can run about like a headless chicken he is here now what 7 seasons how many bookings injuries good games has he had, he is on big money for little return, bit like vlar how many games has he missed already and some want to give him new contract,can we not sign some non injury prone players for a change

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath
      OohAhPaulMcGrath October 17, 2014 at 10:45 pm .

Agree jvillan vlaar goes missing at least 2-3 months of the season and always going to happen after he tired himself out in wc.

7. sasa c
    sasa c October 17, 2014 at 9:11 pm .

Some of the stick aimed at Delph on here is just out of order, starts as a blog about his injury, then a few just use it to have a go, the fact is that he is a good player who passes well and uses the ball well, yes, he needs to reel it in a bit at times, but over the last couple of seasons, he, above most, has always put a shift in. I hope he get’s back quick, and I’d like to see Joe Cole fill the place if fit. AVFC

8. Andrew
    Andrew October 17, 2014 at 11:10 pm .

If this was last season, I’d probably be on the we’re screwed bandwagon as well, however with Cleverley and the upcoming of Westwood, it’s shown Delph isn’t head and shoulders above our other midfielders, nor has he been our best one this season. Been distinctly average for me and his shortcomings really have come out (average at best passing when pushing forward, terrible dribbling, rarely beats the player, etc) compared to last season when he was the only one able to do any of that. Not gonna say I’m happy about it but I don’t think it’s anywhere near the devastating loss I’ve seen some fans claim to be (not on here but basically everywhere else). This gives Sanchez a chance again to get used to the English game and also should give Lambert the opportunity to stop with the whole compounding the central area and that’s our game, we should be able to now set out to do more out wide and such.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath
      OohAhPaulMcGrath October 18, 2014 at 8:30 am .

Agree Andrew though Westwood hasn’t been good of late. Btw amazing how vlaar is fit after our run of toughest games missed the big games last yr and yr before. Very suspect IMO

9. jvillan
    jvillan October 17, 2014 at 11:15 pm .

badger how many goals