Brighton 1 – 1 Villa; We deserved that one

Well, I’ve called another one correctly for once and while I’m happy with that point, I’m also disappointed as I think we should have won that.

We had the best of the play overall, created the best chances and the proof of the pudding is that Gollini had very little to do overall.

When we play poorly, it’s easy to point fingers, but I’m seriously struggling to criticise anyone after that.

Westwood even played well and actually tried to move the ball forward quickly.
What a refreshing change is to say that, as although I’ve been one of his biggest detractors, so I’ve never wanted him to actually fail for us.
I’m still not convinced he’s good enough, but tonight he tried to move us forward, which is what any Villa Mid should do.

And then it’s hard to slate anyone, as although the first half was tight, I thought we edged it.
The second half, we ruled even more.

The belief is there now and my opinion says it’s now because we quite simply have a decent manager, who knows this level like the back of his hand.

The fact that I’m somewhat disappointed that we’ve lost this one says it all.
We have no reason to fear ANYBODY in this league and I now fully expect us to make a serious charge for automatic promotion.

Consider Bruce hasn’t got a player in yet and that’s not such a daft statement.

1. Hitchens 60 November 25, 2016 at 12:22 am . Reply

I see that Danny Murphy has said that Villa aren’t a big club and Villa Park was a ‘boring’ place to play.

Can someone tell me who this Danny Murphy bloke is because frankly I’ve never heard of him. Obviously a small time boring player who thinks a lot of himself as a pundit on some shit programme called Talkshite – sorry they say they’re called Talksport!

1. GIDDYVILLAN November 25, 2016 at 9:20 am . Reply

He was a boring arsehole to watch aswell, he’s boring to listen to get the anti depressants out what a total toss pot.

1. nath November 25, 2016 at 8:16 pm . Reply

nob head and was a shit player. why would we care what a nobody thinks about our great club.

2. Bill Pearson November 25, 2016 at 8:26 am . Reply

Was he sobbed when he was spouting shite Hitch? I wouldn’t think he’d known what day it is.

1. villaawayindiv3 November 25, 2016 at 10:38 am . Reply

I am sure I can remember he was one of the ones who said what great challenges Huth made at Villa Park last year when he was a one man ( of many ) demolition men…at least 2 pens and sending off…Spud head Murphy thought he was wonderful…think even Lineker was on our side……Spuds a twat.

1. Bum Bum November 25, 2016 at 3:37 pm . Reply

Murphy? The man is a prat.

2. pat57 November 25, 2016 at 11:10 am . Reply

Boring player and a boring pundit too, never saw him smile once.

Anyway who cares what pratts like him think we know who we are

3. pat57 November 25, 2016 at 12:33 pm . Reply

On a lighter note Happy Birthday Brian Little!

Not only a God but one who has returned to help us at our darkest hour.

Have a great day

1. Hitchens 60 November 25, 2016 at 4:48 pm . Reply

Yeah, happy birthday Brian

1. GIDDYVILLAN November 25, 2016 at 5:17 pm . Reply

Ditto

4. Bum Bum November 25, 2016 at 3:59 pm . Reply

I’m a Villa fan and I’m looking forward to the weekends football! What a change!

5. GIDDYVILLAN November 25, 2016 at 5:18 pm . Reply

8-4 VILLA get in there

1. Bill Pearson November 25, 2016 at 5:22 pm . Reply

Don’t be daft Giddy,, 10 -2 and we have hit the post 4 times.

1. Hitchens 60 November 25, 2016 at 5:32 pm . Reply

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

2. GIDDYVILLAN November 25, 2016 at 6:07 pm . Reply

Nice one bill someone’s in for a good hammering why not Cardiff??

2. nath November 25, 2016 at 8:21 pm . Reply

loving the optimism with these high scoring game.but i will go for a boring Murphy…. 3 nil to villa ๐Ÿ™‚