Blues – Villa; The cup final, well, for the scum at least

Yes, of course it’s important, but not as important as it seems to be for the blues fans.
Mind you, I suppose with a history like they have, beating the Villa is about as good as it gets for them isn’t it?

You have to pity the supporters, as my opinion says the club are not comparable to us in any way whatsoever.
Trophies, crowds, ground, whatever you care to mention.
But still they try to make out they are and for me, the banter with blues fans I know is great.
It’s what makes the game so extra special.

I call them scum, but it’s only in retaliation for what they call us, I assure you.
It’s all part of the game and I’m on record as saying it wouldn’t be good to see them go down, for Midlands footy in general.

That said, it’s always a great feeling when we beat them and while I know I really ought to know better, as you never know, so I think we’re going to whup them.

What do we know then?

Grealish, Jedinak and Lansbury are all ready for selection.
Gabby is apparently still doubtful with his calf injury, although it wouldn’t surprise me if he makes the bench, just to wind the noses up when he’s jogging up and down.
Would Bruce do such a thing? Maybe not, out of respect to the blues. But then again, anything that might give us an edge etc.
I’d expect Grealish to maybe make the bench. Jedinak too, but I’ll be surprised if Jedinak gets in ahead of Whelan.
There’s no point risking both defensive mids in the same game and it would be too negative anyway.
I don’t see changes for the sake of it, just yet, unless Bruce decides he wants to beef us up in the middle.

blues have Carl Jenkinson, David Stockdale and Nsue, all out, injured. Steve Cotterill can decide between Lukas Jutkiewicz or Isaac Vassell as the central striker and it’s expected that Jota will return to the starting eleven.

Not that I care a toss about them.

So how do I see it going?
Well, we probably know what we’re going to get and it won’t be pretty. It never is.
Both managers should have the teams wound right up for this and it’s more about our players keeping their heads and not doing anything stupid.
In fact it might be a good tactic to see if we can get one of their players sent off. Dirty I know and not my normal type of thinking, but it’s the blues, isn’t it?, where it’s no holds barred.

Let’s face it, on paper we make whatever team blues put out, a joke in comparison.
And apart from their pacey attackers, they have very little to offer against us. Okay, they have home advantage, but that really ought to be the only thing in their favour.
I’ve seen it said that they were awful against Millwall too.

But this is a derby, where anything can happen. It’s a great leveller and all that…
And let’s not forget they beat Cardiff too, so won’t necessarily let us “duff them up”, with the likes of Whelan and Hutton handing out a bit of rough stuff.
So I’m certainly not counting my chickens.

Hence while I’m fairly confident, so I don’t think it’s going to be a whupping at all and certainly don’t expect the scoreline in the picture.
I’d like to think we can do a lot better, but I’m going to go for a cagey 1-0 to us.

The bad news on my part is that I’ve committed to going back to work tomorrow and I totally forgot it’s a 12 o’clock kick off.
There’s no way I’m going to be able to skank another day off already, so how the hell am I going to watch this?
If I buy a Sky pass, will I be able to record it and watch later I wonder?
I have AVTV. How soon will they show the game on there?
If anyone knows, please tell me.

UTV

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
  1. Bum Bum October 26, 2017 at 8:20 pm . Reply

Would love to see them go under and their ground used for landfill. Horrible, horrible club. Hope it happens sooner rather than later. UTV

2. owen October 27, 2017 at 6:57 pm . Reply

As long as we get a draw – it’s a lose lose for villa this game – if we win it’s expected – if we lose they will go on about it for years – they have beaten us once in the last 12 – not beaten us in the league for 12 years, yet they still go on about that one cup win in 2010 – and they went mental and invaded the pitch – even McLeish said Blues fans shouldn’t equate beating villa with winning the world cup in the aftermath – a draw at least and then beat Preston and Wednesday and keep the pressure on the top 2. Job done.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath October 28, 2017 at 8:10 pm . Reply

I think a draw is best we can hope for win lose or draw it’s always a tough game for us at the sty they will be in our faces from the word go we’ve never had an easy game there even if you go back in time to the 70s onwards. If they take the lead they will win like they did v Cardiff so we have to get first goal to get a draw.

3. Tekkers48 October 28, 2017 at 1:12 pm . Reply

You have to love Simon Jordan. At it again on twitter.

4. Mark hateley October 28, 2017 at 5:16 pm . Reply

Well all the results went our way today so all we have to do is win tomorrow

5. nath October 28, 2017 at 5:29 pm . Reply

england beat spain under 17. tears for espana but I bet they aren’t bothered. beaten by a long ball poor technical side, good job I don’t listen to yanks on soccer. they know fook all. before you get me banned for stalking you. wolves also lost. maybe you will win the world series at soft ballOCKS

1. Andrew October 28, 2017 at 7:29 pm . Reply

If you knew anything at all about football, stalker, you’d know not every team wins every game. Pretty sure they’re happy sitting 2nd right now though.

1. nath October 28, 2017 at 8:18 pm . Reply

i know enough, to know you know fook all. get yourself on the wolves appreciation blog and make room on here for real villa fans who know what they are talking about.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath October 28, 2017 at 8:04 pm . Reply

Who gives a toss about under 17s

1. Andrew October 29, 2017 at 4:34 pm . Reply

England won the u-20 world cup as well and Kenny who started for England and is playing for Everton is awful. That own goal was great. Winning youth cups doesn’t mean they’ll come good.

6. Andrew October 28, 2017 at 6:55 pm . Reply

They were also European Champions in 2010 and 2014… How’d that work out for them?

7. badger123 October 28, 2017 at 7:52 pm . Reply

Let’s keep to the important stuff, chaps.

I see blues can’t sell out a 29,400 capacity and still have tickets on open sale, whereas we did nearly 41,000 at VP last time out.

On a par with us, my arse.

8. badger123 October 28, 2017 at 7:59 pm . Reply

Having said that, I heard on WM that QPR won because they got in Wolves’ faces and stopped them playing.
    Exactly what we should have done (a la Fulham).

And exactly what I and many others think we ought to do against every side we play.
    If bloody QPR can beat them, I’m sure we should have too.

It was only Bruce who called it wrong, imo.
    But while it’s typical of him, I’m ok with his style as long as we keep getting the results.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath October 28, 2017 at 8:07 pm . Reply

We need to get in their faces tomorrow or they will bully us off the park. Kodja needs to play from the bench he gets bullied too easily away from home and was bullied last year at the sty. Start with Davis’s he’s a lot more physical. I’m going for a hard earned draw tomorrow can’t see us winning especially if they get first goal. We never come back from a goal down away to win