Benteke Puts In Transfer Request!

Ok short and sweet as the title speaks for itself. It is widely reported what most of us thought would happen that CB has put in a transfer request. As much as it pains me to say it but who can blame him. He will go for loads more money and a CL club and after seeing the bunch of talentless nobodies coming in at £1-2 m must have been the final straw. I don’t care what anyone says this was going to happen and iv been saying this all season we are now officially a selling club ‘the Crewe of the premiership’ if you like. Lerner please go now you are a disgrace.

Page 5 of 6 1 3 4 5 6
    BillyWalkerShirt July 9, 2013 at 10:36 am .

What a fucking rotter.

Terry Jones July 9, 2013 at 10:56 am .

Billy mate hope to god PL as something up his sleeve as a re-placement or there will be no improvement on last season IMO.

BillyWalkerShirt July 9, 2013 at 11:08 am .

Beneteke had a great season TJ but imo got bubbled by defenders towards the back end with his Achilles heel being his temperament -give him a bit of ‘close attention’ shall we say and then elbows of his start flying about. Yea we’ll miss but hopefully we’ll be a better unit that last year with more attacking options, we’ll see out it pans out mate.
        ‘Oooooooohhhhh Judas Benteke’

Foxy July 9, 2013 at 11:14 am .

Benteke’s not gone yet, we have a great team being built, we haven’t seen any of the new players play yet (roll on Wycombe, waiting for my tickets…), both our current wide men are strikers who can play happily in the middle (I have a feeling Wiemann will take over if Benteke goes) and we’ve bought in some more wide men (plus another striker), we haven’t yet seen who else is coming in, as I’ve said before and will say again, we don’t know what’s what until the season starts and the transfer window closes.

Terry Jones July 9, 2013 at 11:21 am .

Mate if PL sits on his hands hoping that whom he as bought in are going to move the club forward & not having any EPL experience going to be another season of struggle.

Foxy July 9, 2013 at 11:35 am .

Terry, one day the Sun will implode and the Earth will cease to exist, and I’m not talking about the redtop. Right now the sun is shining and I for one am not going to get myself in a bad mood imagining the worst case scenario is going to happen. Hard as it is to imagine, you wrote a positive piece not so long ago about having faith in PL and where he’s going. The club is rebuilding, they’re doing a good job, at the moment the foundations are being put into place, with some great talents developing and new hungry blood coming in to replace the old wood. I don’t believe Randy has told Lambert to find cheap players to develop and sell for as big a profit as possible. I don’t believe he’s fickle, I do believe there’s a long term plan and it’s not going to be easy.

Terry Jones July 9, 2013 at 11:46 am .

FOXY MATE i do like the Lerner Lambert vision but PL as got to be carefull of not falling into the trap of signing young players whom are only using the club as as stepping stone.Like to see more players like Gabby Mr Villa pride in the club it;s history and proud to wear the shirt and gratefull to the fans whom go to watch them play.

BillyWalkerShirt July 9, 2013 at 11:37 am .

TJ I’m happy to run with Lambert moneyball experiment, better that the usual suspects over the hill over paid average EPL player we attract down VP.
            The one thing that does worry me TJ is I keep thinking back to Terry Venables so called Team of the 80’s down at Crystal Pallace and that all ended in tears.

streetlyvillan July 9, 2013 at 11:26 am .

I’m with you there Foxy, we are building a good team, and yes CBBC was great last season, but so we’re Gabby and Weiman, so we’re Lowton, Delph and Westwood, and in March and April so was Sylla. We have added some good prospects already, whose to say that two or three of these won’t turn out to be gems. Plenty of time left in the window to get a Striker, Enforcer and CB.

Naughtius Maximus July 9, 2013 at 11:38 am .

very, very disappointing 🙁
    I just hope we get some silly money for him and it gets reinvested in the team, 20m+ will unlock the cash for the experienced or quality CB or DM to come in.
    think its a bit harsh to be blaming Learner and Lambert for this, its modern football for you, if he’d have had that kind of season at say,…Everton or West Brom and so on then the same thing would still be happening, he would be tapped up until he went to a CL club no doubt and if clubs are out there stupid enough to pay 20m+ and 50/60k a week for a player who’s had one good season then there is nothing you, I or Lambert and learner can do about it.
    personally I think Benteke is making a mistake, I believe there’s good things to come from Villa the next few years, while I don’t like to wish bad on anybody and we do have him to thank for all the essential goals last season but part of me hopes he does a demba Ba or Andy Caroll and falls flat on his face.

Naughtius Maximus July 9, 2013 at 11:43 am .

I hope to Christ he doesn’t go to man city! :/ I fuckin hate man city! :/
    and if he goes to a non CL club llike spurs or Liverpool i’ll be doubly pissed off.
    also he’s put in a transfer request doesn’t mean he’ll get one although it don’t bode well for that scenario considering what he done at his last club before coming to villa.

BillyWalkerShirt July 9, 2013 at 11:46 am .

Surely not as much as Utd?

Vaze July 9, 2013 at 11:54 am .

I fail to see how Lambert and Lerner are responsible for Benteke requesting a transfer.

We may well still keep him, but if we don’t, I want to see whichever team signs him screwed on the fee and taking a 50% sell on clause.

The ball is in our court with three years on his contract remaining, even if the payer’s heart isn’t with the club.

The news that he wasn’t coming over to Germany is a smokescreen as he had time off for the Belgian tour of the USA.

Haven’t been on for a couple of days but some show their true colours all too easily !

Vaze July 9, 2013 at 11:55 am .

Player’s heart. a Freudian slip lol !

Terry Jones July 9, 2013 at 11:59 am .

vaze fully agree Lerner Lambert not to blame Benteke & his agent are the ones.

BillyWalkerShirt July 9, 2013 at 12:01 pm .

I don’t agree with you very often Vaze but you are spot on – How the fuck within the realms of sanity can you blame Lambert, Lerner, Fatty Faulkner or the groundsmans dog for CB being a mercenary mf?

Lionheart July 9, 2013 at 12:27 pm .

Lads this is ALL down to his agent.. the guy is a small time agent and he has won the lottery with Benteke turning out to be the player he is.. so his agent needs to maximise his main asset as much as he can to make his cut and millions..

IF bentek got injured coming season and missed 7 months then the agent and his big fee would be in jeopardy.. i wouldn’t be surprised if his agents prefer Bentek to go to a team like Spuds or Liverpool so a couple of seasons later he can move him on to a proper Champ Lge club and get another big pay day out of it..!

BillyWalkerShirt July 9, 2013 at 12:37 pm .

Kirmit- think he has 3 players on his books two worth 2 bob and play for ragass rovers and CB. Benteke is definitely his golden goose-pension plan and all his Christmases come at once, the shit bag.

marvin July 9, 2013 at 1:33 pm .

From what I’ve been able to read, even average neutral supporter is appalled by Benteke’s request, which I must admit is somewhat comforting. Although after sleeping on it last night, I still can’t get my head around what Kismet is trying to accomplish by forcing a move… after 10 months! Not even a full year. Is he just that naive and short-sided?! This transfer request is a PR nightmare and could ultimately cost CB everything in the future; sponsors, World Cup, and CL football. Sure the kid is talented but there is no way he will get the amount of games he did for Villa at any of the clubs willing to spend 30m for him. I’m still not convinced he will be off, but if we can get 18m for Downing I know for a fact CB is not leaving on the cheap.

BillyWalkerShirt July 9, 2013 at 1:41 pm .

5%.

marvin July 9, 2013 at 3:22 pm .

5%, yes. Although in a years time that 5% could be 10%. That is what I don’t understand about Kismet. He and CB can have whatever they want in a years time, but by asking for a transfer request now (after 10 months) it only hurts their cause. The facts are he is still a semi-unproven striker in the EPL and on paper it was less of a gamble to purchase Torres for 50m than it is for anyone to purchase Benteke for 30m+

On his wages the club can wait it out and I hope they do. Put him in the store window, let clubs under bid, reject the transfer, and force CB to prove himself worthy of playing for Villa, let alone the EPL.

It is ridiculous how these egos and poor management kill great talent.

RW July 9, 2013 at 6:14 pm .

Said a while ago that should we go we should go for Hooper and Rhodes. 2 natural goalscorers, right age, British, need to prove themselves at the next level. Should cost no more than £15m. Half what we should expect for CB.
    There’s no going back now, let’s hope the club play hardball and get a stupid fee.

Bencey83 July 9, 2013 at 7:35 pm .

Benteke’s an Arsenal fan and he’s trying to force Villa’s hand. Lambert is stubborn and won’t sell him unless he gets a huge wedge of money, which I don’t think any of the top clubs will be prepared to pay for him at the moment, as Benteke is still relatively unproven – he could just be a one season wonder. Therefore, we could see a stalemate and Benteke being stuck at Villa next season with egg on his face. Sad really. He could have at least had the good grace to pledge himself to us for a second season, if only for the fans and Lambert who have put a huge amount of faith in him. Very disappointing.