1. joty October 18, 2013 at 5:25 pm .

Think, PL will lead out a 5-3-2 with Baker coming in like he did against Man City. Maybe Weimann is the victim. We have a poor record in out latest home games against Spurs, so I don´t expect too much.
    But with Benteke in the side I go for a 2:2.

1. Adam G October 19, 2013 at 12:07 pm .

I was considering picking a 5-3-2 again, but I think that’ll be a bit too predictable. I don’t think Lambert will play the team I’ve chosen, but I reckon it’ll be close

2. Badger123 October 18, 2013 at 8:28 pm .

Thank god the proper game is back!

As I said previously, if Benteke is indeed fit, he will start, imo.

My head says we’re going to get another shoeing from them.
    But my heart says we won’t.

Agree with you Joty, it’s a 5-3-2, the way we play it and not a 3-5-2, as some continue to suggest.

I definitely see goals and if I had to stick my neck out, I’d go for 1-2.

Sod that though.
    2-2 sounds much better.

3. Foxy October 18, 2013 at 9:42 pm .

I agree on the 5-3-2, it worked against ManC. On the other hand Lambert has surprised with some of his tactics so maybe we’ll see something different again. I just wish Gabby would get on the score sheet and Andi would start banging them in. We all know they both can.

1. Badger123 October 18, 2013 at 9:48 pm .

I’d never bet against Gabby, but think Andi just hasn’t clicked yet, this season.
      I can see him being benched.

4. Kerryvillan October 18, 2013 at 10:10 pm .

Not sure the 5-3-2 will work against spuds, man c play through the middle a lot which 5-3-2 is good against but spuds play it wide a lot and think they will honestly rip us to pieces with this formation, 4-2-3-1 for me but agree weimann needs to sit this one out, if i was to pick the team i would go for

guzan
    lowton vlar Clark lunch
    Delph sylla
    bacuna tonev/helenius gabby
    benteke

tonev and helenius haven’t really done it for me yet and this game could be too big for them but think its a better choice than weimann at the moment.

1. Badger123 October 18, 2013 at 10:34 pm .

Kerry,
      I don’t really do tactics and much prefer to leave that up to the manager, who gets paid to make the decision.
      But surely if you think Spurs are going to play wide, you play with a 5-3-2, with a counter attacking option?
      And that’s how I think we’ll go; sit back and try to counter.
      Another load of crap for the ST holders, imo, which will no doubt bring highlights either way.

That said, I can see the argument for 5 in the middle too. But we’ll get ripped apart, imo.

Tricky, as we quite simply can’t match the quality of the Spurs squad.
      Hmm.

1. Kerryvillan October 19, 2013 at 5:52 am .

Not really cause if we play 5-3-2 and they play 4-5-1 they will completely overrun us in midfield and with townsend,lennan,walker to name a few they have great wide players to get in behind if we push the wing backs up, the 3 CBs get pulled everywhere then, having lowton playing FB and bacuna in front of him and luna and gabby on the other we have protection out wide and still 3 players in the middle, that’s just the way i see it wit dis spuds team.

1. Adam G October 19, 2013 at 12:09 pm .

The means that the best solution is a 4-3-3, you’ll have the midfielders sit behind the defence and the front 3 will counter-attack.

I’d be tempted to play Sylla in this game for some security in defence

5. Jay Dee October 18, 2013 at 11:33 pm .

If we sit back and play counter attacking football we will be torn apart by Spurs.If we score an early couple of goals we will win the game at home.A clean sheet will also win the game as I am sure we will score.It all depends which Spurs turn up and how we defend.We can’t sit back they are to good at attacking to do that.We cannot soak up pressure Spurs will batter us.We have to take our chances and defend top notch and we will win.Fail to do this and we will lose.

6. Badger123 October 19, 2013 at 12:35 am .

“If we score an early couple of goals”

And I thought I was being ambitious, in forecasting a draw!

Here’s hoping, mate.

7. Benno October 19, 2013 at 3:06 am .

5-3-2 is a crap system. We got lucky against City, has everyone forogt what happened at Stamford Bridge and then at home to Spurs last season????!!

Solid back 4, with players in front that can protect them. The two games that we kept clean sheets, we played 4 at the back.

8. Badger123 October 19, 2013 at 7:25 pm .

Good grief, I’ve only just realised Spurs have only scored 6 goals in 7 games, yet they have 13 points!
    That’s the lowest GF in the top 14.
    I see what Jaydee was getting at now.
    Score first and you have every chance of beating them.

The downside is they’ve only conceded 5, which makes them second equal, so scoring is going to be the tricky part.

Still find it hard to believe Southampton have only conceded 3 in 8 games.
    That’s bloody impressive whichever way you look at it.

1. Mark October 19, 2013 at 7:34 pm .

Fuck Spurs, they will be turning up expecting an easy ride after the League Cup.

We will give them a game tomorrow.

Aston Villa. Believe.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath October 19, 2013 at 7:51 pm .

We will give them a game but will lose 2.1

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath October 19, 2013 at 7:51 pm .

Yep but they scored 4 past us a few weeks ago !! As for Southampton that is where we should be you have to take your hat if to them. 1.1 at OT and a goal down not many teams come bk at OT from a goal down and beat Liverpool away 1.0 the only team to stop them scoring. Why arnt we were they are ffs

1. badger123 October 19, 2013 at 8:44 pm .

God, you’re so depressing to read sometimes mate.

Man U are shite and imo this will be found out now red nose has gone.

As for Pool, remind me how we got on at Anfield, last December??????

1. badger123 October 19, 2013 at 8:48 pm .

“Aston Villa. Believe”

I love that mate, nice one.

1. Mark October 19, 2013 at 9:31 pm .

Better than ‘Proud History, Bright Future’ init mate???? 🙂

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath October 19, 2013 at 9:56 pm .

That was a fluke to wev played them twice at home since and been beaten. They are a much better team now and will beat us at anfield

1. Badger123 October 19, 2013 at 10:02 pm .

Fuck off Oohah.
            I’m working in Pool and have asked loads what they thought about the game.
            Every single one has said they thought they were lucky to win the game mate.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath October 19, 2013 at 10:05 pm .

Ah but they won. Just like we were lucky to beat man city. Same thing bottom line is they hammered us first half and even though we were better side second half we never really created much as we never do at home. We still lost badger just like we still won v city

2. Foxy October 19, 2013 at 11:32 pm .

OOHAH, why is it when we win it’s a fluke? Is it because you slag off the team for all being shit, bar Benteke, who you tell us all is off to a Sky4 team in January, and Guzan, who can’t be blamed for anything as he is blameless because of who (and what) he has in front of him. The ManC game involved some great defending and three cracking goals, even though one was probably offside and our main striker was off injured. We’re 12th and a win away from seventh. Not bad for a bunch of shit players and some fluky results.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath October 20, 2013 at 12:40 am .

True but the league is definitely closer this year and there’s not many points different from top 4 to bottom 4. We are only a couple of points from bottom 3 or 4 as well. The 3 wins wev had this season have had a huge element of luck city will kick themselves not winning that, Norwich deserved at least a draw and arsenal cud of been three up before we even crossed the half way line. But ok the history books will say 3 wins and I guess we deserved a point at Chelsea and Liverpool tbf.

2. Andrew October 19, 2013 at 9:18 pm .

We need an ignore button on here, he posts nothing of any intelligence and his arguments are ALL baseless.

1. Mark October 19, 2013 at 9:44 pm .

How dare you… Vlaar is shit, Benteke is a two faced bastard who will be off in January, the rest of the squad are ‘dreggs’, Lambert is shit unless he wins tomorrow, and as for Lerner I want him to sell to a Peter Stingfellow consortium so we can turn Villa Park into a 40,000 seater lapdancing club so we can pay Paul McGrath to make a come back at 53 and we can pay him £1,000,000 per week.

Does that mean I am lacking intelligence and my arguments are baseless?????

1. Badger123 October 19, 2013 at 9:49 pm .

That wasn’t aimed at you Mark, it was aimed at Oohah.
            Give me the nod and I’ll delete that comment mate.

2. Mark October 19, 2013 at 9:57 pm .

I know B123, mine was aimed at oooahh as well!!!
            There is only one person who calls his favourite (love of his life) team ‘dreggs’ !!

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath October 19, 2013 at 10:06 pm .

Ooh ah coming no on a 1m a week sounds good too 🙂

3. OohAhPaulMcGrath October 19, 2013 at 10:02 pm .

What a great idea but vlaar is shit! Benteke will be off in jan/summer that is a fact. And a 40,000 lap dance club would be ten times more entertaining than watching the dregs

2. Badger123 October 19, 2013 at 9:45 pm .

I’ll look into that Andrew.
          Trouble is, what would you have to debate if every one agreed with each other?

We sort of managed to turn Terry Jones around.
          Keep up your reasoned arguments and you never know, we might get Oohah to get his head right too 🙂

1. Mark October 19, 2013 at 9:55 pm .

I think Terry got some brains for a while, then he shat them out again. Might have just ate some Brains Faggots from Iceland?

Not sure about his points when fishing in Ireland neither. Lacks any credibility or sense.

The point that matters is we are hurting from the 4-0 at home to spurs in the cup, so we need to get behind the team tomorrow.

You, I or the world can type whatever we like after this post, but what really matters is the support we give our lads from 3.58pm tomorrow afternoon so drop the negativity and sing your hearts out for the claret and blue lads.

Aston Villa. Believe (This is becoming my motto!) 🙂

3. Badger123 October 19, 2013 at 9:59 pm .

Mark, I’ve deleted your previous post, that seemed to be slating Andrew.
          I think it was aimed at the wrong person.
          If you feel I’m wrong, just say and I’ll re-instate it mate.

1. Mark October 19, 2013 at 10:10 pm .

my comments are not appearing, they were not at Andrew, in fact they were in support of Andrew but being sarcastic about other posts

‘Dreggs’ being a heavy hint about what my post was about!!!!

2. Mark October 19, 2013 at 10:12 pm .

OK are we all good now, not getting the wrong opinion here?

Andrew are we good?

9. Jay Dee October 19, 2013 at 9:07 pm .

We will have to be at our best tomorrow everyone supporters,team and manager…Goodluck AVFC.I hope we smash em tomorrow and all the doubters will have to recognise a progression….UTV

10. Jay Dee October 19, 2013 at 9:12 pm .

Win tomorrow we go 7th above Spurs UTV

1. Mark October 19, 2013 at 9:35 pm .

Changing the subject….

I was listening on the Radio to Stoke V Albion in the car this afternoon as I was driving and they were talking about Stephen Irelands performance. Just saying he was plodding around the pitch as if he was uninterested and saying what a waste of space he was. One of the commentators on Radio WM said “he hasn’t been interested for 10 years since he got his big Man City contract”

Thank fuck we don’t have that shower of s …… on our wage bill any more……..

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath October 19, 2013 at 9:58 pm .

Shame really if he wanted to know he would be a sky four regular. Hate to see wasted talent

1. Mark October 19, 2013 at 10:03 pm .

Agreed!!!!!

thing is his contract is out at the end of the season, so if Villa will not renew, Stoke think he is a journeyman not willing to put the effort in, where will this character go to keep his tacky missus in Bentleys with fluorescent pink wheels?

oh shit I almost cared then……..