Arsenal 4 Villa 0-Some Positives

As no one is up to writing a report I thought I’d have a go.

Really there’s not much to say that hasn’t already been said and seen on TV etc. Unlike me but I’m trying to remain positive and rather than witter on about how poor we were I have found some small crumbs of comfort.

One good thing is we do not have to play in the Europa league next season. I know this splits opinion but playing Thursday and Sunday with a small injury prone squad such as our in a pretty meaningless completion just isn’t worth it.

Losing in a funny sort of way is not as bad as it seems. If we had won the game it would simply have papered over the cracks of how poor we were this season. Hopefully this is the wake up call for Lerner to heavily invest (assuming he stays) but don’t hold your breathe.

Another positive is this will now lead to a clear out of dead wood within the squad starting with Vlaar, Zog, Cleverly and Westwood imo. Not to mention Gabby who has little to offer now.

Another small crumb of comfort was Benteke has done himself no favours on the big stage and may put off potential suitors. He proved today his all round game needs to massively improve for a club like Chelsea to pay top dollar for him.

Perhaps also Sherwood may have another look at Gil hope so as he is the most exciting player IV seen at VP for a long time.

Unfortunately I’m struggling to think of anymore positives but hopefully this is the final kick in the backside for the club to get its act together if not we will only go one way and that’s down!

UTV

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
  1. GIDDYVILLAN May 31, 2015 at 6:37 am . Reply

There’s FUCKall positive about yesterday’s game get a grip FFS

2. Andrew May 31, 2015 at 6:43 am . Reply

Reportedly interested in Hull’s N’Doye, as are Newcastle and Romanian sources claim we’re scouting 26 year old Alexandru Chipciu.3 assists in CL, 4 in Europa, 8 in the league. I know he plays in Romania, but he’d be very helpful.

3. GIDDYVILLAN May 31, 2015 at 7:07 am . Reply

According to Reuters Sherwood to a few players after the game that they had no future at the club possibly it should have been the majority,also he talks of changing our style of play to suit the players who didn’t play in the final.could GIL be one of these???I can see big changes coming in the squad in the coming weeks

1. GIDDYVILLAN May 31, 2015 at 7:08 am . Reply

TOLD a few players.

1. Fastjet81 May 31, 2015 at 8:55 am . Reply

Good post OohAh. I disagree about Sherwood though. Maybe he did go for the safe options, but defensively Hutton is better than Bacuna. N’Zogbia had done a lot of the unselfish runs creating room for the other forwards in our upturn in results, hence why he probably got the call to start over Gabby.

The players just froze and weren’t able to put their stamp on the game. Grealish and N’Zogbia couldn’t get in the game 1st half leaving Benteke isolated. We just got overrun in the midfield. Like someone mentioned maybe Sanchez could have been put on earlier to bolster the midfield, however I can see that at 1-0 and after a stern halftime talk he left the team as is to get a response. That didn’t happen and we just reverted to hopeless balls into the box to Benteke who was challenged by 2 Arsenal defenders every time. Something that was evident yesterday and has bugged me for a while is that we never seem to challenge for the second balls. Arsenal were all over us like a rash in that respect.

Let’s see what Sherwood can do over the Summer. To be fair he’s had to work with other managers players both here and at Spurs. I’m intrigued to see how the team will shape up come August.

4. Vaze June 1, 2015 at 7:07 pm . Reply

You could have parked a Dreamliner on the goal line and Sanchez would have scored that goal.

We just weren’t good enough, I don’t think any club in the world is comfortable when Arsenal turn it on like that. On another day, as Reading found out, you have a chance.