An 11 year old’s POV: SAME TEAM TO START AGAINST BLUES?

On the 2nd of March, Aston Villa thrashed Derby County four goals to their zero. The team was superb and fully deserved the win that they got. There was even a possibility for more goals in that match however Derby’s goalkeeper did fairly well – for example the Adomah shot that got touched by his fingertip and went out. We even managed to keep a clean sheet and they did not have a single shot on target meaning Steer could have just stood there doing nothing, but lets all hope that isn’t the attitude of the players.

Jack was vital to that game, not only bagging an absolute stunner from the Whelan corner he also was key to that first goal scored by Villa. Yesterday we worked well as a team and really turned this horrible run of form around. For example, the first goal was pure teamwork, the long ball from Grealish, to Tammy, then to Conor – the goalscorer.

According to Dean, Jack Grealish’s volley was ‘Sod’s Law’.

“We nearly called that corner routine off because he (Grealish) couldn’t hit the target yesterday (Friday) in training. Good job we didn’t! Sod’s law he did it today.”
[ONE FOOTBALL]

Getting to the point, I believe and would like to hear if you believe that we should start the exact same team as Derby regardless if players are fully fit now or not. The team can certainly run rings around the Blues and with that corner routine we can have another great goal against the Blues just like Conor last season!

Overall, even though getting play-offs and not getting playoffs are in a ratio of 40:60, if we win our next few, then it can become 50-50 and you never know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
    Pat 57 March 3, 2019 at 9:07 pm .

Actually thought that was one of your better posts Badger 🙂

McGinn has to play if fit but as to who comes out I’m really not sure. Possibly play slightly more defensively and leave out El Ghazi or Adomah?

Glad I’m not a manager really.

AlfieAVFC March 3, 2019 at 9:40 pm .

I am the author of that article and much thanks for saying that was one of the better posts Pat. I have heard people say McGinn in Left Back which could work strength wise however I don’t see it working. Depth wise I believe it can work though.

Pat 57 March 3, 2019 at 9:53 pm .

Your post certainly made me think Alfie so well done.

We need McGinn in mid-field but I’m quite happy to leave the decision of who else plays up to Dean Smith.

ALFIEAVFC March 4, 2019 at 4:28 pm .

I think McGinn can play LB if he needs to however preferably not.

Hitchens60 March 3, 2019 at 10:19 pm .

Great post Alfie – Badger you got to up your game mate 🙂

Alfie – my suggestion to play McGinn at LB was ‘tongue in cheek’ following Dean Smith’s comments that he’d played him there in training ahead of his two match suspension – but you never know!

bill evans March 3, 2019 at 11:46 pm .

I have been a Villa fan since 1971 when we lost the league cup final to Spurs. We were in the third division but managed to go all the way to Wembley – Can you imagine? Andy Lochhead, Chico Hamilton – those were my heroes then.

Things have changed, for sure, but now, being in the Championship feels like we were in the 70’s and hopefully, we’ll arrive at the same outcome – like the glory years of 1980-82 – but who can tell! :).

One thing is for sure, Jack Grealish is etching his name on the rock of heroes at VP. The ghosts of the past – Morley, Withe, Cowans, Mortimer, Evans (yay), and more are roaring him on to be the next big success we all want him to be.

… and by the way – WHAT A GOAL !!!!

Come on you Lions!!!

ALFIEAVFC March 4, 2019 at 8:35 am .

Heading for school now however will discuss it after. And didn’t know McGinn actually played there in training.

originallondonlion March 4, 2019 at 9:01 pm .

Why change a winning team? I would start the same team as v Derby. McGinn to come on in place of Whelan in the second half. Though if Jack has been kicked to bits perhaps in place of him.

Holte66 March 5, 2019 at 7:23 pm .

It’s a shame Elphick is out for about 6 weeks, he and Mings were beginning to develop a good understanding. Hause is beginning to look the part though and should be okay at CB. If Taylor is playing then Adomah would be more reliable as someone who will track back. I would play Elmo at RB with El Ghazi in front. It’s a tough call to drop any of the midfield trio after a strong performance against Derby. Normally I would play McGinn as one of my first choices but on Sunday I would put him on bench to come on when needed. Carroll as well is another good option to have. Defensively we can’t afford any more injuries with Chester still being rested. I’m cautiously optimistic we can get a win although it will be very tight.

Niz March 5, 2019 at 8:57 pm .

Derby losing at home to Wigan. Did the press mention fat Frank for the Chelsea job?

Pat 57 March 5, 2019 at 10:38 pm .

Derby won 2-1. Now level on points with sixth place so ‘Fat Frank’ hasn’t done so bad.

However I still prefer Dean. In the long run I think he’ll get us where he want to go.