A major divide in the camp and Remi nearly walked after the Everton game

Remi-Garde-639175

It just goes from bad to worse doesn’t it?
The Telegraph has come out with an article which suggests there is a major split amongst the players.
While it’s not exactly a new story, it does go on to name names and it’s basically the longer term players in Gabby Agbonlahor, Alan Hutton, Leandro Bacuna, Ciaran Clark, Brad Guzan, Mark Bunn as well as Joleon Lescott and Micah Richards versus the rest.

That’s something I find interesting, as most of those are the ones who are oft criticised and at first glance it’s easy to jump to conclusions and choose whose side we’re on as fans.
but if you read into the article, it states that the senior players have been moaning about Remi Garde not turning up in the dressing room after the Wycombe draw and the Liverpool pasting.
It’s a bit vague in this area, in that it doesn’t explain if he didn’t turn up at all or just turned up late, but I certainly recall stories of some manager or other deliberately leaving his team to stew before handing out the rollickings.
It’s certainly the way I’d expect Garde to be and it makes sense that he might want to calm down and gather his thoughts before coming out with any assessment.
If I was one of the players involved in those games, I think I’d have been glad that the manager didn’t come in, so I’m not really sure what there is to complain about.
But I’m also not sure if the players complaining about this, is a good or bad thing either.

There’s also a reference that says the same senior players have openly questioned how some of the things they’re doing in training are relevant to what they’re doing.
If they’re complaining about simple things, like passing a ball to a player in the same colour shirt, the answer is easy; They can’t get the basics right more often than not!
But I’m being facetious and the concerning part of this is that they seemingly don’t have much respect for the manager and his coaching staff. Which can’t be a good thing, however you look at it.

Even more worrying and it’s not something I’d had any inkling of, is the suggestion that Garde might have resigned after the Everton game.
Whatever I think of him as a manager, his resignation now would be an even worse disaster than what we’ve seen unfold already in this dire season. But it seems to demonstrate just how frustrated he is, especially after having been cast adrift in the transfer window.
The point here is that if he’d been offered anything decent in the discussions at the latest meeting, it doesn’t make sense that he’d be considering resigning. Hence logic tells me that he was offered very little in the way of support in the event of us being relegated.
And I suspect it’s only a matter of time before he does actually resign, leaving us odds on that we won’t see an injection of funds aimed at getting us straight back up.

The thing is, if you were in Remi’s position, what would you do?
Resign soon, emphasising how you’ve been put in an impossible position and try to salvage some of your reputation, or leave it until the end of the season so you can add “managed a relegated team” to your CV?
It would seem an easy decision.

And we face Man City next.

“It never rains, but it pours” springs to mind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
  1. Hitchens 60
    Hitchens 60 March 4, 2016 at 6:49 am .

This is a difficult area to comment on when trying to rely on stories in the press to determine the truth of circumstances at Villa. The older, experienced players can hardly blame the players brought in during the summer for the demise of the club but then they’re not going to blame themselves although they should take a close look at their own standards of performance – neither can they hold Garde responsible given he has to work with what he has. Garde however will be held accountable by Hollis by association and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Hollis has persuaded him to see the season through with an amicable parting of the ways in May.

If Hollis is going to shake up the club come May then it probably makes sense to remove everything associated with Villa at management level and look for a new manager alongside a new CEO. A ‘Nigel Pearson’ might well be the answer and we will then, perhaps see, the truth of the problems in the dressing room but I suspect a massive clear out of playing staff in the summer – another loss for Lerner!

Question – is Lord King’s roll to help Hollis organise a refinancing of the club (not a sale per se) which would, in part, restructure the debt and possibly allow Lerner to sell at a lower figure than the quoted Ā£150m or alternatively dispose of part of his equity. (Hollis and King are both banker / financiers)

The scary truth is, I believe, what Hollis / King do this summer will prove critical in determining the long term future of our club

1. pat57
      pat57 March 4, 2016 at 9:25 am .

Scary indeed when the owner appoints an asset stripper and a banker.

I can only hope that what gets stripped away is the deadwood in the management structure and team and that Mr. King can get some finance for a re-build.

I can’t believe it that, after everything that’s happened this season, I’m still hoping.

UTV

2. Bum Bum
      Bum Bum March 4, 2016 at 9:38 am .

Lord King ‘s roll is ham and cheese. šŸ˜‰

1. Hitchens 60
        Hitchens 60 March 4, 2016 at 3:51 pm .

Very good Bum Bum – predictive text!

2. Bum Bum
    Bum Bum March 4, 2016 at 9:35 am .

If I were Remi, I’d walk. No manager should be treated with the distain Lerner treats them. Hope the story about the three stooges getting their p45s is true. Wankers.
    Lerner Out.

3. giddyvillan
    giddyvillan March 4, 2016 at 10:18 am .

Any good news??

1. Hitchens 60
      Hitchens 60 March 4, 2016 at 10:49 am .

It’s Friday Giddy – any help?

2. pat57
      pat57 March 4, 2016 at 12:31 pm .

@Giddy

I have loads of good news…

…pity that none of it is about the Villa šŸ™

4. GIDDYVILLAN
    GIDDYVILLAN March 4, 2016 at 1:18 pm .

Testing

5. Saddened
    Saddened March 4, 2016 at 2:35 pm .

Remi walked out of his press conference when asked if he had been lied to when he took the job….. Where are the directors to answer these type of questions….

The board really are a bunch of slippery, cowardly cretins !!

1. GIDDYVILLAN
      GIDDYVILLAN March 4, 2016 at 3:04 pm .

After the match tomorrow he’ll be walking out for good.

1. Hitchens 60
        Hitchens 60 March 4, 2016 at 3:57 pm .

I fear you might be right Giddy but I also think he is a man of honour and I hope he toughs it through to the end of the season.

It’s about time those who (fail to) run our club stand up and be counted instead of hiding behind the manager.

His walking out of the press conference says more than any words could.

1. Bill Pearson
          Bill Pearson March 4, 2016 at 4:10 pm .

Hitch, how do anyone expect a person to work without tools to do the job? Villa management are a classical example of incompetence of any degree of idiocy. Don’t think our future king much of a supporter, I’d have lock all the idiots up for life.

1. Hitchens 60
            Hitchens 60 March 4, 2016 at 7:57 pm .

Bill, in two words ‘I don’t’. The way it’s going we are in a self destruct spiral that it will take a miracle to get out of. This s way worse that the crisis in the 60’s and ………. what else is there to say – we may be witnessing the end of a truly great football club.

Thanks Mr. Lerner.

2. saddened
        saddened March 4, 2016 at 3:57 pm .

I wouldn’t blame him

2. Hitchens 60
      Hitchens 60 March 4, 2016 at 4:05 pm .

The Chief Communications Officer pulled him out of the press conference when the press coninued to ask him questions he is no position to answer publically.

Hollis should man up, face the press and answer these questions as we, the Villa fans, have a right to know the answers – but I think there’s no chance of that happening – sadly

1. BWS
        BWS March 4, 2016 at 4:42 pm .

So that’s who the sweaty was in the background, old Wolfgang Macintosh of the Villa Stasi.
        Notice Remi rubbing his ear? Well that could mean in body language terms he wants to say something but he’s holding back.
        The plot thickens.

6. GIDDYVILLAN
    GIDDYVILLAN March 4, 2016 at 4:14 pm .

I think the blokes at the last of his tether,he’s probably thinking would me leaving really make much difference.I’m fucked off with all this player power bollox if I started throwing my weight around the gaffer’s? guaranteed I’d be picking up my P45.who the fucked do these players think they are?fucking tossers

1. BWS
      BWS March 4, 2016 at 4:50 pm .

Getting the sack from Villa would hardly be a blemish on your CV would it?

7. billys boots
    billys boots March 4, 2016 at 6:16 pm .

lets not have too many bleeding hearts for remi, this was the guy that told fox he could keep villa in the premiership with the existing players,this is the man that plays players and tactics that dont work, probably destroyed grealish, sinclair as top players, puts lescott who takes the piss out of us fans as captain, how long do you want this list to be, i am well aware lerner and his non footballing knowledge and appointments have destroyed an essential part of english football heritage, but remi has to take some responsibility for the debacle of the last three months

1. BWS
      BWS March 4, 2016 at 6:26 pm .

BB let’s not get into blaming managers game again cause it’s pointless. No manager ever born, not the chosen one, old big head, Sir Ron, Fergy, Sir Alf Ramsey or some Frankenstein creation from bits from all of them would succeed under the present regime at VP.

1. GIDDYVILLAN
        GIDDYVILLAN March 4, 2016 at 6:42 pm .

Agreed BWS any manager is destined to fail big style the manager should be the last one to point the finger at players yes toss pots

1. BWS
          BWS March 4, 2016 at 6:50 pm .

They’re all a waste of space Giddy on the gravy train mate.